- Two-stage process uses copper ionization to disinfect ions while converting salt to natural chlorine, creating an aggressive biocide to attack pool algae better than any product on the market!
- Requires a filter pump with a flow rate between 1000 gal/h and 4000 gal/h
- Use with a maximum pool size of 15,000 gallons.
- Works on pools with 1.25" and 1.5" diameter hose fittings
- Add the specified amount of salt directly into the pool
- Safe to operate! Tested, listed and certified by UL & CSA
- Includes hose attachments and electrical cord
- Self-cleaning titanium-coated electrolytic cell for continued performance
- Touch-sensitive control panel allows user to pre-program operating hours using a 24 hour auto clock
- Flow sensor system alerts operator to adverse operating conditions
- Keypad locking system ensures settings are not changed accidentally
- Easy to use test strips (50 count) included to check performance and maintain the perfect level of salinity in your above ground swimming pool
- Easy set-up video included
- What is saline conversion chlorination? - Saline chlorination is a term used for the process of converting the salt dissolved in water into active liquid chlorine, known as hypochlorite, for the sanitization of swimming pool & spa water
- How does saline conversion chlorination work? - A specific quantity of pure, non-iodized, fine grain table salt is added to the pool water to create a saltwater (saline) concentration of 0.3% (3000 parts per million). This salinity concentration is slightly less than the salinity level found in most human tears, thus it is very gentle to the swimmer's eyes and skin. Liquid chlorine (hypochlorite) is created through a process called electrolysis. As the water pump passes the saline through the chlorinator cell a low voltage DC current is applied to the saline. This applied energy current changes the salt dissolved in the water into liquid chlorine (hypochlorite). The liquid chlorine immediately mixes with the water leaving the chlorinator cell and flows into the swimming pool as clean, chlorinated water
- The continuous introduction of liquid chlorine will ensure the continuous sanitization of the pool's water and will not allow the growth of algae. When the liquid chlorine has destroyed the bacteria in the pool, it reverts to salt. This means that the salt is continually regenerated in the process and the only loss of salt is due to backwashing, splash-out and overflow. It may be necessary to add salt to the pool water to bring the concentration back to the desired level of 3,000 parts per million
- This form of chlorination will not damage your pool! Chlorine "tablets" or "powder" can damage the pool liner while saline conversion will not. Also, the mildly salted water will not affect the PVC plumbing, filters or pump
- Saline chlorination is easier and safer! You will not need to buy or store any dangerous chemicals as you would for a pool with an out-dated conventional filtration pump. You will not need to "shock" this pool with raw chlorine as you would with older pools. Plus, the chlorine generator is self-cleaning which makes it 100% maintenance free
Intex Saltwater System Setup Video
Latest Reviews5 5 5 7 7
We have been using this for over a month and it is wonderful. I used the chart to put in the proper amount of salt, added the salt to fresh water and let it dissolve completely overnight. We got in the next day and played in the water for a bit to make sure it was well dissolved and mixed around and it was. We used Mortons Pool Salt which we found at our local home improvement store. I put in about 100lbs of salt. Ran it for the first time with no issues. Set up was easy once we read the instructions.
I have had no problems with error lights or anything. One time I had the low flow light, but I checked my filter and it was really dirty, cleaned it and it was off and running again. I look forward to my 93 reading every morning. I have my pump on a timer and the chlorinator comes on in the middle of the 6 hour pump cycle I run.
The only chemicals I have had to add was CY when I first started since we live where it is HOT and SUNNY. My chlorine was disappearing within a few hours when it was 110 degrees outside. Now it stays in a safe level until the next day. I usually run it for 3 hours a day. Haven't noticed a difference in my electric bill of any consequence. I also have to add acid when my pH is off. I check the chlorine and pH every morning when I go out to skim the pool. I have yet to shock the pool, crystal clear water, so haven't seen the need.
My kids love the salt water. The little one swims with her eyes open and they don't get red or irritated like they do at regular pools. I can taste the salt a bit in the water, but I don't mind. I am an ocean girl at heart and it isn't near the saltiness of the ocean.
I am very happy with my purchase. I hope to get at least 2 seasons out of this, we will see how it goes as time goes by and I will update if things change from how they are now.
Also Consider These
Regular Price: $449.99
Special Price: $268.99
Regular Price: $529.99
Special Price: $297.99
Regular Price: $319.99
Special Price: $144.99
Intex Krystal Clear Deluxe Saltwater System
- Requires 1000-4000 GPH Filter Pump
- Fits pools with 1.25" or 1.5" D hoses
- Uses saline conversion to chlorinate pool
Regular Price: $264.99
Special Price: $133.99
- 22.5 lbs
- Brand Name:
- Intex Recreation Corp
- Est Days To Ship:
100% Buyer Safe - 100% Buyer Secure
100% Secure 256-Bit SSL Encryption
Knowledgeable Staff to Help With Ordering
1st Quality Brand New Products Only
Manufacturer's Warranty Support
Most Products Ship Within 24 Hours