- Powerful and durable, this combo system is the premier filter pump saline chlorination unit on the market.
- Filters 1,600 gallons (6,056 L) of water per hour using a powerful 0.50 HP pump.
- Intex's proven Saltwater (Saline) Chlorinator unit is included with this filter pump to help provide stress free maintenance and clean, clear water, without chemicals.
- Recommended for 16' and larger Intex swimming pools.
- Use with a maximum pool size of 8,500 gallons.
- Also includes (2) 1.5 in. ID (inside diameter) hoses.
- Extra tough pump enclosure and included leaf basket make it not only effective but very durable.
- Included ergonomic handle, pressure gauge and heavy duty tank make for easy pool cleaning and vacuuming.
- Features 6 function control, making it easy to filter, backwash, rinse, recirculate, drain and close your pool.
- Installation is very easy - just hook-up the hoses and plug the pump into a 110 to 120 volt outlet.
- Includes (1) 25 ft. 120 volt AC power cord which meets safety certifications and listings by UL and CSA.
- Intex recommends changing filter pump sand once every five years!
- Sand must be #20 Silica with particle size range of 0.45 to 0.85mm (0.018 to 0.033 inches) and a Coefficient less than 1.75.
- 2-year limited manufacturer's warranty, all warranty claims must be submitted to the manufacturer.
- What is saline conversion chlorination? - Saline chlorination is a term used for the process of converting raw salt dissolved in the pool water into active liquid chlorine, known as hypochlorite, a natural liquid used for the sanitation of swimming pool & spa water.
- How does saline conversion chlorination work? - A specific quantity of pure, non-iodized, fine grain table salt is added to the pool water to create a saltwater (saline) concentration of 0.3% (3000 parts per million). This salinity concentration is slightly less than the salinity level found in most human tears, thus it is very gentle to the swimmer's eyes and skin. Liquid chlorine (hypochlorite) is created through a process called electrolysis. As the saline passes through the chlorinator cell a low voltage DC current is applied. This applied energy current changes the salt dissolved in the water into liquid chlorine (hypochlorite). The liquid chlorine immediately mixes with the water leaving the chlorinator cell and flows into the swimming pool as clean, chlorinated water.
- This continuous introduction of liquid chlorine will ensure the continuous sanitation of the pool's water and will not allow the growth of algae. When the liquid chlorine has destroyed the bacteria in the pool, it reverts to salt. This means that the salt is continually regenerated in the process and the only loss of salt is due to back washing, splash-out and overflow. It may be necessary to add salt to the pool water to bring the concentration back to the desired level of 3,000 parts per million.
- This form of chlorination will not damage your pool! Chlorine "tablets" or "powder" can damage the pool liner while saline conversion will not. Also, the mildly salted water will not affect the PVC plumbing, filters or pump.
- Saline chlorination is easier and safer! You will not need to buy or store any more dangerous chemicals. You will not need to "shock" this pool with raw chlorine as you would with older pools. Plus, the chlorine generator is self-cleaning which makes it 100% maintenance free.
Intex 1600 GPH Sand Filter With Saltwater System Setup Video
Latest Reviews4 4 4 1 1
Also Consider These
Regular Price: $319.99
Special Price: $168.49
Regular Price: $529.99
Special Price: $297.99
Intex Krystal Clear 1600 GPH Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System
- Includes chlorinator, hoses, and adapters
- Recommended for 16' pools and larger
- Features 6 function control
Regular Price: $449.99
Special Price: $268.99
- 54.1 lbs
- Brand Name:
- Intex Recreation Corp
- Front Name:
- Est Days To Ship:
100% Buyer Safe - 100% Buyer Secure
100% Secure 256-Bit SSL Encryption
Knowledgeable Staff to Help With Ordering
1st Quality Brand New Products Only
Manufacturer's Warranty Support
Most Products Ship Within 24 Hours