- Filters 2,000 gallons (7570 L) per hour and naturally chlorinates your pool by a two-stage process of saline conversion chlorination.
- Powerful filtration pump paired with a saltwater chlorination system makes for easy maintenance and clean clear water, without chemicals.
- Uses and includes (1) Intex filter type "B" (product #59905E)
- Includes (2) 1.5" ID (inside diameter) hoses, (2) Intex Hose Adapter "B" fittings, (2) Plunger Valves, (1) Small Pool Strainer & Inlet Assembly and (1) Large Pool Strainer and Inlet Assembly.
- For use with all Intex Easy Set™ Pools, Frame Set™ Pools and Ellipse™ Pools, as well as Aqua Leisure™ Simple-Set™ pools and San-N-Sun™ brand pools with either 1.25" and 1.50" inside diameter hosing connections.
- No chemicals needed! Uses common table salt to produce chlorine thereby eliminating the need for dangerous chlorine chemical compounds, acids, shock treatments or any other toxic pool chemicals.
- A two-stage chlorination process uses copper ionization to disinfect ions while converting salt to natural chlorine, creating an aggressive biocide to attack pool algae better than any product on the market.
- Safe to operate! Tested, listed and certified by UL & CSA
- Simply add the specified amount of salt directly into the pool
- Touch-sensitive control panel featuring keypad lock and 24 hour auto timer allows users to pre-program saltwater system operating hours worry free.
- Flow sensor system alerts operator to adverse operating conditions.
- Easy to use test strips (50 count) included to check performance and maintain the perfect level of salinity in your above ground swimming pool
- Easy set-up video included
- What is saline conversion chlorination? - Saline chlorination is a term used for the process of converting the salt dissolved in water into active liquid chlorine, known as hypochlorite, for the sanitation of swimming pool & spa water
- How does saline conversion chlorination work? - A specific quantity of pure, non-iodized, fine grain table salt is added to the pool water to create a saltwater (saline) concentration of 0.3% (3000 parts per million). This salinity concentration is slightly less than the salinity level found in most human tears, thus it is very gentle to the swimmer's eyes and skin. Liquid chlorine (hypochlorite) is created through a process called electrolysis. As the water pump passes the saline through the chlorinator cell a low voltage DC current is applied to the saline. This applied energy current changes the salt dissolved in the water into liquid chlorine (hypochlorite). The liquid chlorine immediately mixes with the water leaving the chlorinator cell and flows into the swimming pool as clean, chlorinated water
- The continuous introduction of liquid chlorine will ensure the continuous sanitation of the pool's water and will not allow the growth of algae. When the liquid chlorine has destroyed the bacteria in the pool, it reverts to salt. This means that the salt is continually regenerated in the process and the only loss of salt is due to back washing, splash-out and overflow. It may be necessary to add salt to the pool water to bring the concentration back to the desired level of 3,000 parts per million
- This form of chlorination will not damage your pool! Chlorine "tablets" or "powder" can damage the pool liner while saline conversion will not. Also, the mildly salted water will not affect the PVC plumbing, filters or pump
- Saline chlorination is easier and safer! You will not need to buy or store any dangerous chemicals as you would for a pool with an out-dated conventional filtration pump. You will not need to "shock" this pool with raw chlorine as you would with older pools. Plus, the chlorine generator is self-cleaning which makes it 100% maintenance free
Latest Reviews5 5 5 3 3
We followed the instructions included with the pump and added 310lbs of salt to our 13,000 gallon pool. We let the pump run without the chlorinator for 24 hours as directed then set it to run for the required 10 hours for our pool size. Since then I have used the boost cycle once or twice after heavy swimming or rain fall, but have no problem keeping the pool clean and clear.
Before adding this pump we were spending a ton of money on chemicals each week to maintain it. Since adding the pump we have spent nothing more. I highly recommend this pump to anyone thinking of switching to a salt water system.
Update: There are many reviews that mention the "low salt" warning that won't go away no matter how much salt they put in. The same thing happened to mine. No matter how much I added, the light and alarm stayed on. Then I read the manual about how to clean the titanium and copper plates. I did it just like the directions said, and it was back to like new, running perfectly. Apparently if your water is hard, the deposits build up faster. Thanks for reading, hope this helps.
Write Your Own Review
Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Pump Combo
Also Consider These
Regular Price: $424.99
Special Price: $339.99
Regular Price: $499.99
Special Price: $399.99
Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Pump Combo
- Filters 2,000 gallons per hour
- Uses saline conversion chlorination
- Built-in flow sensor system
Regular Price: $431.99
Special Price: $344.99
- 51.1 lbs
- Brand Name:
- Intex Recreation Corp
- Est Days To Ship:
100% Buyer Safe - 100% Buyer Secure
100% Secure 256-Bit SSL Encryption
Knowledgeable Staff to Help With Ordering
1st Quality Brand New Products Only
Manufacturer's Warranty Support
Most Products Ship Within 24 Hours